Today I just want to share with you how to make a deliciously tasteful Restaurant-style Turkey Sub.
Can you believe that I just found out what the ‘sub’ stands for in the phrase Restaurant-style Turkey Sub?
It stands for submarine! Hahaha I so did NOT know that.
The sandwich is used with bread that reminds you of the shape of a submarine so yeah, I get it.
Anyway, on to our sandwich making. This sandwich is perfect for those on-the-go. You can make it in advance, wrap it in seran wrap
and store it in the refrigerator to take to work or whatever prior engagement you have. It taste just as great the next day as it does the first.
It is super easy to make, tasty and very colorful. Your eyes fall in love with it before you ever take a bite. If you’re a mom like me who cooks
for the family, your husband or significant other will absolutely love it and trust me, satisfaction is guaranteed. ~From my home to yours, enjoy! -Miranda S.
- 1 Jennie O oven-roasted turkey breast sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 sweet onion roughly sliced
- 2 tbs vegetable oil or oil of choice
- ½ tsp real salt
- Sprinkle of ground black pepper
- 1 beefsteak tomato sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce (washed & ready to use)
- 1 packed sliced Gouda cheese
- 2 (6 packs) sub style bread
- condiments of choice: mayo, mustard etc.
- Heat oil in frying pan; add peppers and onions first; along with salt, pepper and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add in sliced turkey breast and cook until heated through about 3 to 5 minutes; toast bread lightly during this time
- Build your sandwich; slice your bread on one side and start building with Gouda cheese, then condiments, lettuce, tomatoes and last your onion, bell pepper and turkey mixture
- Now Enjoy!