I haven’t spoken with you in a while. I’m on bed rest awaiting the arrival of our 7th addition to the family due on July 25th, but I made time to send you a warm and delicious treat, Buttermilk Pie Muffins!
From Miranda’s Kitchen
This is a recipe I personally created. This recipe is the perfect starter recipe to adding your own personal touch such as adding blueberries, raspberries or any other fruit of your choice. This recipe makes moist and delicious muffins that you will absolutely LOVE.
Missing a key ingredient?
If you don’t have buttermilk on-hand you can substitute with yogurt or even sour milk! I buy my dairy milk from local farmers to assure I’m getting a high quality milk; buy wisely, organic is always the best. Remember, a great recipe always starts with the best ingredients. Enjoy!
Hey, don’t forget to let me know how this recipe turns out for you. I love feedback and love hearing your thoughts on what makes the best muffins in your home. ~Miranda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup mixed berries (optional)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon; mix
- Add vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla to flour mixture; stir just until completely combined.
- Fold in berries if using
- Pour ⅓ cup of mixture into muffin cups
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven until done; golden brown on top or around the edges.