Before I had children and changed my habits, I would . I just had to try every new restaurant and the chefs special.
Todays Special from home
One dish I remember very well was this Herb Crusted Filet of Salmon served with garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and a rich cream butter sauce. oh yeah!!! Some of you know what Im talking about! It was so delicious. I like to enjoy it with lemonade; no deposit bonus uk.
Theres something about the combination of fresh herbs coupled with lemon juice, salt and pepper that just brings out the best flavor of the fish. Of course, you are searing these herbs in with butter, shallots and that homemade cream sauce. HONEY!!! Im hungry LOL.
Herb Crusted Filet of Salmon
Okay, enough already. You MUST give this recipe a try. I promise you, if you like fish, this WILL be a keeper. Please share how your recipe came out and how well you enjoyed it. I love pictures. Do feel free to share yours. ~Miranda
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- cup White WINE + 1 tablespoon reserved
- 1 cup heavy cream (high quality; organic)
- real salt (to taste)
- white pepper (to taste)
- Place salmon in a shallow dish and rub with 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Season the non-skin side with lemon pepper, parsley, thyme. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat, and saute shallot for 2 minutes until tender.
- Mix in remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice, vinegar, and cup wine. Simmer until reduced by at least .
- Stir in heavy cream. Season sauce with salt and white pepper to taste. Cook and stir until thickened. Whisk in 4 tbsp butter. Set aside and keep warm
- Heat remaining 4 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place salmon in the skillet herb side down, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until seared. Remove salmon and set aside herb side up.
- Deglaze the skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon wine, then mix in the cream sauce.
- Return salmon to the skillet herb side up and cook 8 minutes in the sauce or until easily flaked with a fork
- Serve salmon on plate with sauce, pared with steamed asparagus spears and mashed red potatoes.