Oh, I was thinking about this Classic Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas recipe that I obtained while grocery shopping and I just had to share the deliciousness.
Meals Made Easy
It is very simple and tasty. Even you’ve never seen it and would like to try, whip up a batch today!
- ¼ cup each lime and orange juices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced onions
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ¾ tsp. oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. cilantro leaves
- ½ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- MIX juices, oil, all of the Spices and salt in small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. (optional)
- COOK and stir chicken in large heated skillet on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add bell pepper, onion and reserved marinade; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- SPOON chicken mixture into warmed tortillas. Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe before? How will you be enjoying this classic fajita recipe? Please share your comments and pics! ~Miranda