Fruit Picking-Am I The Right One?
Hey, this is Miranda with Living Every Bite, where we talk about food, health, and life’s purpose. I’m here to get you out your seat and on your feet. If you could change your mind, you can change your life. I’m giving you the tools to make a decision.
I am a mother of seven. I’m a foodie, entrepreneur and blogger at thelivingdiet.net. Join me every week where we gonna have talks, conversations, motivations, and interviews with some of my friends, doctors, and women entrepreneurs. It’s about enjoying where you are on the way, to where your going. And if you ask me, enjoyment is always better over food.
All right, here we are once again. I’m your host Miranda Simon with Living Every Bite exclusively on iTunes. I want to first and foremost thank all of my listeners, all of you who have subscribed, downloaded, reviewed, and rated the Living Every Bite podcast.
I want to just go through a list very quickly. If you hear your state or country called, know that I’m speaking directly to you. I want to thank everyone out there from Delaware, New Jersey, California, Texas, New York, Illinois, Florida, Colorado, Louisiana, Georgia, Missouri, Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Ohio, the Armed Forces of Europe, Middle East, and Canada, Maryland, Alabama, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Utah, Nevada, Connecticut, Tennessee, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Arizona, Iowa, Virginia, North Carolina, Montana, Indiana, Michigan, and Hawaii.
To the people around the world, Bangladesh, India, Canada, Australia, the Republic of Korea, [02:00] Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Norway, the Pacific region of Asia, Kenya, Brazil, Switzerland, Chile, Taiwan, New Zealand, UK, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Russian Federation, Thailand, and Turkey. And since you all took the time to check out the Living Every Bite podcast, I took the time to give each and every one of you a special shout out. Thank you so very much, love you all…. And how about we get into today’s message—
Fruit Picking, am I the right one?
Oh man, it’s crowded up in here. Let me hurry up and get what I got to get and get out of here; it’s just too crowded up in here today. Okay, what I came in here for? I came in here for a pineapple. Alright, so I got to find the right one, let’s see. What’s going on over there? Alright, let me stay focused. Alright, pineapple. Somebody told me that when you’re looking for the right pineapple, you have to smell the bottom of the fruit. And it should smell like pineapple juice, should have like that distinct pineapple smell. Oh yeah and I remember this other thing — the scent is supposed to find me rather than me finding it.
Man, I smell no pineapple up in here. Oh wait, hold up, I am smelling something. Okay, I must be in the right spot right now. Oh there’s one last thing — I have to gently squeeze the pineapple and it should have a small amount of give. Alright, let me check this one out right here; this one look like a nice one.
Oh yeah, I smell it that pineapple juice, and it has the right amount of give. Alright, you are going in the bag. Oh, there he [04:00] is again; I am out of here.
Fruit Picking- Am I The Right One?
The example, the scenario that you just heard can be compared to our lives. Each and every one of us have a job to do just like that pineapples job is to supply us with nutrients that we need for our bodies. It’s food for us; it has a job with supplying us and other living things with food, it’s our food. So we as people, we have a job to do. And there are some distinctions with each and every one of us that will determine whether or not we’re the right one, whether or not we are the right one for the job.
You see, in life, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a mother, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cook, homemaker, labor, business owner, we all have jobs to do. How do you know if you’re the right person for the job? Well I’ll tell you five things; five things that can help you determine if you’re the right person for the job because each and every one of us has a job to do. But the question is, are you the right person for the job that you’re trying to do.
1. Am I self-motivated? Are you the type that has to be watched in order to get going? Are you leading or following? You see because if you’re the right person for the job then no one has to pressure you, push you to do what you know you have to do. You’re going to be self-motivated. You’re going to get going, and you’re going to get the job done.
2. Am I willing to do what’s required, going above and beyond what’s expected? Are you the right person for the job? Focus on how you can help. How you can add value to someone else, and going above and beyond what’s expected of you is easy. Are you the right person for the job?
3. Am I steadfast and persistent [06:00] regardless of what others think? Will I allow that to define who I am or what I’m called to do? We have to put the focus on ourselves. We can’t be focused on what other people think about us, that doesn’t even matter; that’s irrelevant. We can’t control what other people say or do; we can only control ourselves. So what do you do in this situation? Emphasize what makes you unique in a positive manner without attacking or insulting others because this is about you. Are you the right person for the job?
4. Can I handle negativity, setbacks, and down times? You know things don’t always go the way we want it to go. There are many times when we have set out to do something– we have it all planned out, and it just does not go the way we want it to go. Well, what do you do? These are moments that should be opportunities to get creative. Every problem poses an opportunity for a unique solution. Let me say that again — every problem poses an opportunity for a unique solution. Are you the right person for the job?
5. Is my passion, my zeal, my love reflected in my work? Can we tell that you love what you do? Is it obvious, or do we have to guess? Do work that excites you, do work where time is always your friend. No one should ever have to ask you if you love what you do. Your work should speak for itself.
Being the right person means you recognize your ability to excel within your unique style. Being the right person means you recognize [08:00] that everything needs refinement and even THE BEST look to improve. Being the right one means that when we go looking for you, you’re going to be smelling right, you’re going to have that right amount of give, where we going to know — ah… yes; this is the right one. This is the one I need to take with me. This is the one I need to work with. This is the one I need to go to when I need help in this area. Yes, that’s the right one. Don’t let us guess, don’t let us wonder. Show them, show everybody that you are the right one for the job. Hey, you’re listening to—
Fruit Picking: Am I the right one?
Join me next week when we’ll have a special guest Dr. Nika Nakia, a family doctor who practices and believes in taking a holistic approach to health. Listen in as she educates us on breaking the myths behind salt.
Do subscribe, rate and review today’s podcasts. Connect with me at Living Every Bite on Facebook and visit the blog thelivingdiet.net for free recipes. Thanks for tuning in. Bye everybody.
Travel much… get the best rates on worldwide travel at your fingertips. Whether you’re traveling locally or booking an entire vacation, including hotel, transportation, and even restaurants. Make setting your next trip easy, visit simplymiranda.thelivingdiet.net.
Thanks for listening to Living Every Bite with Miranda Simon, a thought-provoking podcast designed for women that connects food, health, and life’s purpose. If you enjoyed the show, remember to subscribe, rate and review. For free online recipes, visit thelivingdiet.net
Credits: photos by Chuttersnap, NeONBRAND, Peter Wendt and Brooke Cagle on unsplash
sound effects by Audio hero, Foley, Aaj, and Zapsplat on zapsplat
Love the Living Every Bite Podcast? Show your appreciation by leaving a review!
Here’s what others are saying:
“I love the intro of your podcast; it is amazing. I also liked the host voice and energy, just amazing” -moneyphilosophy from India
“The shout-out is great! Episode 6 is about positioning one’s self rightly for the job – being the right person for the job. With the tips you gave, everyone can self-assess themselves if they are on the right path. Some that have say 3 of the 5 tips you gave can work on the other 2. While those who lack all 5 of the total 5, obviously know they aren’t the right one for the job. These are what I learned from Episode 6.” -Emmanuel from Nigeria
“Your audio sounds great!’ -Nick from USA
“They better get them some Tony Chachere’s. Love it Miranda! Keep up the good work!” – Keysia from USA